Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Defensive Personnel changes coming?
Good players make good coaches. Coaches get too much credit when a team does well and too much blame for when it does badly. A lot of the time it comes down to the players you have acquired through the draft and free agency. A gm has as much or more impact on a team than a coach. The coach is the first one to get fired but that's basically a function of being the scapegoat for the gm.

So some of this blame should be on tobin. Hes the one who brought in dansby when we could have possibly signed an impact young lb like trevathon. Hes the one who didnt sign nelson when we had cap space for it. That forced us to to put iloka in at free safety when hes a natural strong safety. This can send shock waves through the defense when players are playing out of their natural position.

If lewis is too blame its for bringing in coaches that probably weren't the correct fit for the bengals. It seems that guenther isn't meshing well with them. I can tell through subtle hints by him saying things like I can't go to these new coaches and talk about this play or that play like I used to be able to do with the previous assistant coaches. He seems to be having trouble developing chemistry with the assistant defensive coaches.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defensive Personnel changes coming? - wolverine515151 - 11-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Defensive Changes coming??? - Sled21 - 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM