Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephen A. Smith says Bengals embarrassed NFL in London
(11-03-2016, 08:35 PM)Roland Wrote: Didn't bother watching the clip.  "Embarrassed the NFL" is just nonsense. Most reaction in London was that it was an exciting game - one of the better in the series. People in London   aren't Bengal hating media blowhards or frustrated Bengal fans and they're not bothered by a tie like American fans.  To most of them it was an exciting game that was fought to the end.

Agree with this. I'm usually among the first to bash Lewis etc when they deserve it, but saying the Bengals "were an embarrassment to the NFL" is sensationalist BS. In reality, the Bengals battled a playoff team with a winning record to a tie. Are the Bengals disappointing this year? Of course they are. Did they embarrass the NFL in London by playing to a tie vs the Redskins? Nope.

Fwiw, I don't hate Stephen A, and I've agreed with him in the past about Marvin...particularly his post Chargers game rant. But I realize that his job is to produce "hot takes". Sometimes those hot takes are true and write themselves. Sometimes they need manufactured a bit. This would be such an occurrence.

EDIT: Just watched the video, and I do agree with SAS when he was specifically discussing Marv. Don't agree that the game was embarrassing to either team though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen A. Smith says Bengals embarrassed NFL in London - Shake n Blake - 11-04-2016, 11:13 AM