Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephen A. Smith says Bengals embarrassed NFL in London
(11-04-2016, 09:06 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The only thing I really took from what Stephen A said was about how he seems to be the only one in the media that is criticizing Marvin and the team. Which stuck with me. Our beat guys like Jim and Paul don't ever really write anything negative about the team. I don't expect them to be super critical of the team, because Im sure they'll be shunned in the media/locker rooms, but I expect at least some level of objectivity and I don't see that. Everyone talks about coaches and players going to teams in a market like New York, and having to deal with the media, I would like our guys to be somewhat tough on the team like those New York writers are. When Mike and Marvin put out a shitty product, they deserve to get asked the tough questions.

The only media people I ever hear criticizing Marvin at least a little bit are Mo Egger and Tony Pike. When they do their Monday show on 1530 they'll occasionally rip him for not showing any emotion or not calling a player out. And how all he says is "we just have to do better" or "we just need to do our jobs". Yuck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen A. Smith says Bengals embarrassed NFL in London - BengalRed - 11-04-2016, 12:32 PM