Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF OL rankings entering week 11
(11-19-2016, 01:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: My biggest problem with Paul Alexander is that he started coaching the O-line when I was 25 years old. I'm now 46!

He's been here for a long, long time. Much like Marvin, I think that amount of time in one place can lead to your message or coaching techniques becoming stale and not being as effective.

I've never thought he was a great coach, but never thought he was terrible either. I just think it's time for some new blood. I don't put all the blame on him for this year's struggles, but he deserves a fair share of the criticism.

22 years as O-line coach is a good run. Maybe it's time to give someone a shot.  Jerry

Well, thank goodness UCLA didn't take that approach with coach Wooden.

Maybe 21 years in one place means that every person who has been a HC has thought, yeah, this guy knows what he is doing and we would be hard pressed to find someone better, so let's not give the job to someone less competent just for the sake of change.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF OL rankings entering week 11 - J24 - 11-17-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: PFF OL rankings entering week 11 - J24 - 11-17-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: PFF OL rankings entering week 11 - xxlt - 11-19-2016, 09:48 PM