Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray Lewis says Joe Flacco lacks passion for football
(11-22-2016, 05:39 PM)Penn Wrote: Maybe Flacco's "lack of passion" is the reason we would all be truly surprised if he ever needed a white suit that magically disappears.

Yeah, yeah.  I've seen you defend your man when Bengal fans use that old incident to put the team down but maybe there is something you haven't considered.  This Ray quote, the whole white suit incident, the career that will probably put him in the hall and the pep talks all come from the same personality traits that would be considered extremely dysfunctional in most of mainstream society.

And no, I am not saying that personality is abnormal in the NFL.  What is abnormal to me is hardcore fans of a team will ignore or justify when one of "their" players is like that.  Just look at how some of my fellow Bengal fans defend Burfict and Henry.  And the Steelers fans will defend a longer list of players than Bengals and Ratbird fans combined.

PS - I talked to a couple here in the Atlanta metro that was at that club that night.  If Lewis didn't have the character traits I mentioned, it sounds to me like the initial confrontation (which is the part they saw) would have been easily smoothed over without incident.

I'm not 100% sure what you're accusing me of in this post, but I think I know what Flacco meant when he described listening to Ray Lewis go on and on during pep talks while not understanding 90% of what he said.  
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ray Lewis says Joe Flacco lacks passion for football - BmorePat87 - 11-22-2016, 06:34 PM