Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Hill get 1,000 yards rushing ???
(11-23-2016, 02:15 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Hill can go over a 1000, if the coaches will run him 20-25 times a game. But they won't run one back that much for some reason. Burkhead will likely be used as Gio was and could do a decent job of it.

The RB, or at least the team needs to be doing well in order to give a guy 20-25 carries. You can't get 25 carries at 3.0 YPC, because the offense won't survive that. You can't get 25 carries when you're down 2 TDs because then you'll lose.

Not to mention the RB needs to be conditioned for 25 carries. This is something that once I noticed it, I couldn't stop noticing it. Jeremy Hill takes himself out of the game a LOT. That one good 20 yard run he had? Immediately motioned to be replaced. He was gassed. From running 20 yards.

They just don't make RB like they used to. I blame college offenses being all about QBs running. Same reason why OL play has degraded in the NFL, and QBs aren't as good reading progressions, reading defenses pre-snap, and changing/calling plays.

[Image: andrew-whitworth-with-a-nice-block-on-aj...-catch.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Hill get 1,000 yards rushing ??? - TheLeonardLeap - 11-23-2016, 03:05 AM