Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Hill get 1,000 yards rushing ???
(11-23-2016, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Saw it during the game. Hill was dancing and running East/West. Ran away from his blockers and out of bounds without contact. Marvin ran down the sideline and yelled something at Hill while making a hand knife, or fist forward. Clearly yelling at him to stop going E/W and to use his blockers and turn upfield to actually get yards.

I think Gio might have played the next 2-3 drives.

Forget which quarter, but I remember seeing Marvin do that and commenting on it. To get Marvin to yell at you during a game and do something other than clap... you know you F'd up. Lol

I didn't see Hill do/say anything back to him, though. That said, I have never seen a 235 lb RB less inclined to make contact and more inclined to try to outsprint (unsucessfully) guys to the sidelines. Hill could probably be a good RB in the NFL if he was an angry N/S RB like Marion Barber or Marshawn Lynch. I think he's still in the mindset that he was in college, where he was always faster and more athletic than everyone he played against.

There is more than one player on our offense that tries to avoid contact by going out of bounds.

I didn't notice Marv's actions about it.

If this happened then good for Marvin. 

Settling for the low hanging fruit and only taking what the defense gives you is a sign of softness.

It sure makes the job easier for the opposing D when all they have to do is corral the ball carrier to the sidelines knowing they won't be the aggressor and change direction.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Hill get 1,000 yards rushing ??? - BengalsRocker - 11-24-2016, 09:59 AM