Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 player expectations vs. results
(11-26-2016, 12:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Atkins has 4.5 sacks (on pace for 7) and is regularly at the QB when he's not being held. Donald has 5.0 sacks. I'm not sure what people want out of the guy. Expectations are too high and I believe the failure of those around him is causing some people to look at Atkins even though he's having a fine season.

Dunlap is also having a typical Dunlap season. The problem is we're not generating pressure from our bit players.

Peko (usually good for 3-4 sacks): 0 sacks
M. Johnson: 2 sacks
MarBUST Hunt: 0 sacks
Will Clark: 3 sacks
Sims: 1 sack

We should probably have at least 10 more sacks out of this group. That's the problem with our line right now. Not Geno and Carlos.

I forget who said it first, but there is a saying that people lie, stats don't lie, or something like that.  

The games I have watched first hand, where he isn't even double-teamed, and in a critical third down, I will see him get stood up and play patty-cake and there are many times where you see him let up.  I mean, he stops rushing.  He isn't trying to time a batted ball, either.  It just looks like he picks and chooses when he is going to really give an effort.  I was hoping he would carry this defensive line and motivate them with his energy, but he takes as many plays off as anyone, if not more...

As far as being held goes, I saw a ton of it against pitt, but no more at any other point than is seen in a normal game.  I love the guys ability, and like so many on this team, I really don't like his effort.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 player expectations vs. results - SHRacerX - 11-27-2016, 10:29 AM