Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Griffin likely to start against us
(12-08-2016, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Our thinking is actually aligned, as I think you interpreted my post in the wrong way.

What I mean is that the NFL doesn't necessarily want the Steelers to win the Super Bowl, as they would be happy to see the Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Seahawks, or whichever other "popular" team also win it.

I really believe that the Bengals are not a popular team to a majority of NFL fans and their actions in last year's playoff game really gave those fans a horrid picture of the Bengals. Now, those fans want nothing more than to see that team not in the playoffs and the "good guys" (aka the popular teams) in the playoffs instead. By having this, the NFL would have more viewership and money coming in.

Yeah, but the Seahawks and Patriots were only popular when they started to win.  Hell, I'd wager most Seahawks die hards don't even remember the team being in the AFC, and I've never seen a Tony Eason fan in my life.  

Honestly, I would think the "good" and "popular" teams would want to see the Bengals in the playoffs because we've been a veritable first round bye for 6 of the past 7 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Griffin likely to start against us - Nately120 - 12-08-2016, 06:17 PM