Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
(07-21-2015, 09:23 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Potential and everything is nice, but you're not going to see me rank Jameis Winston, Blake Bortles, or even Teddy Bridgewater over guys like Dalton, Stafford, and Kaepernick, so how could I possibly rank Eifert and 2 rookies over groups that have proven that they're at least solid NFL players? Ranking a group of 3 players where 1 of them spent a season as a TE2 and the next season injured with 2 rookies somewhere in the 20's isn't really an insult at this point of their careers.

I understand this is a Bengals board so there will be some homerism here and there, but our TEs in the 20's is definitely fair.
You call it homerism, I say it's being realistic. I'd bet a paycheck that the production of our TE's this year won't be ranked 21-30. People whine about experience, but what experience do they want behind Eifert/Kroft/Uzomah? As I pointed out (and no one has refuted), there simply aren't many quality backup TE's with starting experience in the NFL. 

Tbh, I'd rather have a promising rookie like Kroft on the field than some washed up Alex Smith-type player, and that's what most teams have sitting on their bench. I think a lot of folks are just mad we let Gresh go. But I think Eifert will prove to be a (slightly) better player, and Gresh probably wouldn't want to sit the bench.
(07-21-2015, 10:01 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: People are pumping Eifert up like he's done something shocking and new.

Who is saying anything like that? I haven't pumped Eifert, I just don't see why a lot of folks are so down on him. Sure he's still got a ways to go, but he looked very promising during his rookie season. I don't see 20+ TE's out there that are better than him, and I don't see 20+ sets of backups that I'd rather have either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - CJD - 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - Shake n Blake - 07-21-2015, 02:32 PM