Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals?
I don't think this year will be much different than any other year in outside FA. The org will trumpet the need to shell out money to Whit, Dre, and Z. They probably won't spend the money on a guard. They will cry poor and point to all of the bad FA deals they made when some shitbag dumpster dive didn't turn into Jerry Rice or Lawrence Taylor after the Bengals paid them 2 mil to come in off the scrap heap. They won't cut fatty Maualuga and will probably bring back ineffective Peko, thus eating more cap with useless dead weight. They'll re-sign Hunt to a 3-year 12 million dollar deal. Then: BOOM! Hobson does his Hobson math, trots out the 7-year old Zimmer quotes about Hunt looking like JJ Watt and Peko being the best 4-3 NT in the league, and then it's done until we bring in Taylor Mays or Brandon Tate for workouts. If we're lucky, maybe we'll get Andre Smith back on the cheap to take over the Winston role.

In a fantasy world, I'd sign a run stuffing DT in FA to open up the draft. I loved the Billings pick as much as anyone, but don't see a guy that big playing all that well one year removed from major knee surgery. I'd target Jonathan Hankins or Brandon Williams.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals? - samhain - 12-13-2016, 11:15 AM