Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals?
(12-18-2016, 04:14 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: You are so right in identifying the positions of need. It's the position a team finds itself in, when lack of success in certain previous drafts and weak use of free agency have prevailed. I really don't like drafting more tackles either, but to me neither of those 2015 OTs have worked out, if not as expected, then certainly not as needed. The sooner that mistake is corrected - the better. Going free agency for this would be my first choice, but use the draft if a FA can't be signed. The Oline is the foundation of the offense, and as we've seen, when it breaks down, so goes the rest of the offense. This should be their priority imho. Just don't half-ass it this time.

Yeah, I'm with you and Shake when it comes to drafting a tackle early.  I don't mind getting a guy in the middle rounds, but the early (1 and 2) picks should go to the defensive front seven, interior o-line, and offensive weapons.  Maybe even safety.  

I'd grab a vet tackle in FA as a stopgap.  Maybe Andre since they love bringing ex-Bengals back.  I'd get a mid to low range option that would be a slight upgrade over Winston.  Once that guy is on the roster, I try to roll with either Fisher or Ogbuehi (ugh) at RT until he shows that he just can't figure it out, then I plug in the vet and look to pull the plug on the experiment.  

As disappointing as the "2015 Two" (sounds like a good nickname to me, they are becoming infamous after all) have been, the team still needs to try to squeeze something out of them if possible.  If they could, it would keep that disastrous draft from setting the team back a couple of years on the o-line.  Give them every chance to succeed, but have a plan in place to keep them from blowing up the offense like Ogbuehi did this season.  Hell, give them looks at OG if possible.  Anything to make those picks less of a waste.  

God, I hate that draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which position is best outside FA option for Bengals? - samhain - 12-18-2016, 11:55 AM