Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah
(07-21-2015, 10:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Harmening and Fred's arguments have been reduced to "we already showed you that but refuse to post a link, even though it's only three clicks away" and "it's not that easy, and we have no way to refute what you're saying, but it can't be that easy, so we're right and you're wrong because we say so, no logic is needed."

It isn't that easy. Never coaching/playing or even being around high levels of football for years for 12 hours a day hinders us fans from being able to completely understand the game. It has become that complex. 

The reason I don't think, "just use the rookies properly up the seams!" isn't a viable strategy is because it has never successfully been done in the modern NFL (outside of 2011 Pats). Some message board fan has not come up with an unstoppable offense that zero offensive minds in the game can figure out. Given the facts that 1. rookie tight ends, especially 3rd/5th round guys with little experience in passing offenses) rarely produce at all, and 2. no NFL teams has made the system work, practically ever, show that it isn't simply easy. 

If you think the Bengals have literally the best set up in the history of the NFL for the system and Kroft is a rookie superstar, than maybe the two TE thing will work pretty well. I happen to live in the reality that Kroft is most likely going to struggle this year, like every other rookie TE, and that the Bengals aren't the be all end all spot ever for a rookie TE. 

I will also ask why every team with a good running game and good WR1 aren't falling over for TEs? If the system were so easy, teams would be doing everything in their power to draft/sign them. The Packers would be like, "woah what? You can run them up the seams? DRAFT EVERY TE! IT'S THAT EASY." The Eagles would have abused Celek/Ertz in 2013. The Colts wouldn't be drafting a WR in the first. I just really, really get the feeling that all of these coaches, and every coach/coordinator in history, probably know a bit more than you. 

Can you understand why we cannot explicitly tell you how to stop it, but we can explain why it probably isn't so simple that a fan has figured out a way to break the NFL?
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 12:55 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - J24 - 07-21-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - MrRager - 07-21-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Our TE's - Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah - CJD - 07-21-2015, 08:44 AM