Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft
I want the Oline upgraded to where we don't experience a repeat of this year. We need someone to back up and eventually replace Whit. To those willing to give Ogbuehi more time, my thoughts are this: He was injured when we drafted him, and he's injured now. He proved he couldn't be coached up to play RT, and it's going to take some doing and luck to get him solid at LT, IF that's at all possible. I'm not willing to gamble another year's worth of Dalton, Greene et al time to see if that will work or not.

If the draft can't provide a tackle, then we need a FA who can. And IF we don't use the draft for a LT, there's always our need at center. After that, DE is my next need.
If we re-sign LaFell, we're good at WR. Greene, Boyd, and Core will be more than fine for that group. We have 3 others behind them.

LB is my next target, as Burfict may flame out at any moment, and Dansby is past peak. Beyond these picks exists the need to address the secondary.

I just don't see spending a high pick on a RB, unless both Hill and Gio don't come back healthy. It's too soon to know at this point. It's similar for our TEs. IF all of them get healthy, we're good to go. Also too soon to know right now.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft - wildcats forever - 01-01-2017, 10:22 PM