Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft
(01-02-2017, 01:15 AM)milksheikh Wrote: We need more athleticism in the LB corps, Jabrill Peppers is ranked the #3 player according to http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings and could be a nice OLB/S Hybrid for us.

If he's their BPA and he comes around I'm all for it...provided they have a plan to use him.  I don't know where his best fit is, but I've wondered if a team could collect enough talent with theses NLB/S types that they could do something special.  Maybe Williams/Peppers/Iloka roaming the middle out there with Burfict (minus a LB) behind a strong front 4 (2nd round DE?) could turn into a base the same way the nickle has basically in terms of reps.  You still have Smith out there for depth, and could go traditional at any time with true LBs.  Just a thought that if enough teams hold a natural fit against Peppers, Marvin has been known to move guys around (Pollack, Moch, MJ, Hall, etc...) so it could be a fit.  I do think Peppers could struggle in zone if made to play natural safety, so it would truly have to be a change of philosophy that they've been wanting to make.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft - phil413 - 01-02-2017, 05:17 AM