Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O & Paul Dehner: Who stays, who goes among Bengals FA's?
(01-05-2017, 04:48 PM)McC Wrote: I will say 100 % that Whit has to come back, no matter what it costs.  He wants to stay, he's still playing well and he's  a cornerstone of this team.  If he leaves, next season is shot.

Totally agree.  Their contingency plan at both tackle spots blew up in their faces in a major way.  I hated both young tackles from the moment they were drafted, but hoped I was wrong about them.  Looks like Ogbuehi is even more worthless than I thought.  Fisher may have a shot, but even he doesn't inspire confidence.  They have zero choice but to sign Whitworth if they are serious about being competitive.  

This franchise is going to eat a massive shit sandwich over the next few seasons.  Their drafting has come home to roost and the deficiencies are popping up faster than a team that's operated by the Bengal Way can fill them.  How much would it mean to have a Landon Collins instead of an Ogbuehi in that draft?  Now they have nothing because they got cute and believed the hype about how great they were at drafting.

They wil be forced to re-sign aging players at dumpster dive rates because there's nobody young on the roster to fill holes.  Nobody at DE.  Nobody at safety.  Nobody at OG.  Nobody at C.  Nobody at DT.  Major questions at LB.  Most of these are positions that have been avoided actively early in recent drafts to select shitbag 3-year projects.  There are guys there, but few if any instill the kind of confidence that guys did in during the last rebuild.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jim O & Paul Dehner: Who stays, who goes among Bengals FA's? - samhain - 01-05-2017, 05:09 PM