Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we need a safety net for Eifert?
(01-06-2017, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: If I was ranking needs TE would be somewhere around the 8t/9thh most pressing need i.e. not going to be addressed in the draft. We have a whole stable of young guys plus Ryan Hewitt who can swing out and play TE. We have more pressing needs than using a pick on a TE. All the best TE's in the league get hurt, that has just kind of become the norm so we need to accept it.

I agree, TE is not really a need. It sucks that Eifert is always hurt, but that's the risk with TEs. It was just unfortunate that Kroft was hurt a lot too.
For those dissing Uzomah, he was drafted as a project. He didn't even have a TE coach at Auburn. He sat with the OL coach for blocking and WR coach for receiving. He has the potential to be that second pass-catching TE and he's come along decently well so far given he was a project expected to be TE3.

Between Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, and Hewitt on the roster, I don't really see a spot for a TE this year.
However, if the team did want to pick up a TE, Jeremy Sprinkle is a well-rounded TE that should be available in Rd 4 or later. There are also decent vet TEs hitting FA that won't wow anyone but could be had for cheap if the team deemed it necessary to get another.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we need a safety net for Eifert? - ochocincos - 01-06-2017, 01:04 PM