Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we need a safety net for Eifert?
(01-06-2017, 06:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gresham's second year in the NFL, he put up 56/596/6 in 14 games, and Dalton wasn't as good then as he is now.

Plus Gresh has (or at least had, don't watch Cardinal games) better hands and blocking.

Just seems silly that Gresh got roasted for being better at almost everything while Uzomah is getting praised.

Don't want him back now, but he was still a lot better for the Bengals than people recall, yet never got a tenth the love people gave Uzomah/Kroft/Coffman/etc.

1. I'm not really comparing Uzomah to young Gresham, I'm comparing him to what he is now...because there's a small group of people here who seem to think Gresh would be a significant upgrade. Not only do I not think that's the case, I also see Uzomah as a young player who will only get better.

2. I think Uzomah is just fine as a blocker and he really didn't drop that many passes. It actually took time for Gresh to become the blocker he's been over the last few years. Over his first few seasons, PFF graded him among the worst blockers in the NFL. Point being, Uzomah is solid now and should only get better.

I'm not saying Uzomah is all that...but we could certainly do worse at #2 TE than a young athletic guy who has produced decently and has some upside for the future.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we need a safety net for Eifert? - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2017, 09:03 PM