Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we need a safety net for Eifert?
(01-06-2017, 06:56 PM)kevin Wrote: If you are asking if we should draft a TE early, I would say heck no, using heck instead of the H word I first thought.....We have used a lot of recent drafts on CB for Joseph, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson and TE in Gresham and Eifert. ...Looking at the first round there are linebackers this year that have not been there in recent drafts.  We have needed to draft a linebacker and now, this year, Alabama has not one but two good ones experts have as early first round.  We need to take advantage of this rare opportunity to get a quality linebacker, this draft while there are a couple. ........I would hope Eifert isn't that fragile of a TE. Look, even Gronk had injuries at TE of late. I thought Uzomah filled in well. It's not his fault Nugent became so awful. ..........I say no top round CB or TE because we have overlooked other positions in recent drafts.  Mostly linebacker.  You have to go back a ways to Rivers and Maualuga and it shows on the field.  Harrison, Hawk and Dansby were old player band aids due to lack of draft talent at linebacker.  This year when there is top talent, we dare not blow it by passing on linebacker. We also need O line help, but I'm thinking second round there. 
This makes perfect sense. I hope they pick a great LB fairly early - one that is not made of glass.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we need a safety net for Eifert? - Derrick - 01-07-2017, 05:45 PM