Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
(01-07-2017, 08:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I could dispute Dalton being a better QB that Andy Dalton; however, it would be similar to disputing with a child the reality of Santa Claus.

Since they have came into the league Cam has more total yards, more TDs, fewer turnovers, has won a NFL MVP, has been to the Superbowl. won Rookie of the Year, and has been named first team All-Pro. While Andy has been one of the worst big-game performers in the league

I could point to that and more, but it would just lead to the "Other QBs only seem better than Andy, because they play bad defenses, have great support, experts are biased, have better coaches, ect......"

So, what happened to Cam this year?  His division foes improved a bit, but he lost a few key pieces on the defense and suddenly he's average if you go by just the numbers.  

The bottom line is:  every QB, even Sir Tom Brady, needs a supporting cast.  Some QBs have had really good supporting casts or defenses that get them great field position, turnovers, etc.  Some QBs have had average supporting casts.  I just think Dalton deserves a little credit for what he did this year with his third OC, a porous offensive line, no running game, and (at least early in the season) a crappy defense (though they really turned it on down the stretch).  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-05-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - SHRacerX - 01-08-2017, 10:58 AM