Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation?
(01-07-2017, 07:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: How people are reacting to Core reminds me of how we reacted to James Wright in 2014.

Hopefully, i'm wrong, but a lot of Core's yards in these past few games seemed to come from broken coverages (or CB slips) and quick passes on heavy blitzes.

He doesn't make me comfortable at all at WR.

Boyd is good, but does seem to struggle to break away from CBs and Lafell is getting old.

I think we still need another high end receiver in this draft in order for me to actually feel good about this WR corp.

I remember Lapham saying something to the effect of:  You have to spend a few early picks on weapons when you have a guy like Carson Palmer...well, then the same should go for Dalton.  As intrigued as I am with some of the running backs in this draft, however, and the talent on the roster with AJ, Boyd and Eifert in key receiving positions paired with the struggles in the running game, I would opt for talent (if equally rated) at the offensive line and RB positions before I would draft a WR.  I think with another full off-season, OTAs, and training camp that Core would evolve in to a capable X receiver.  Let's not wait until his rookie contract is up (Burkhead) before he is provided an opportunity. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feel Any Better About The Wideout Situation? - SHRacerX - 01-08-2017, 11:38 AM