Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Meeting, Plan for Recivers in 2017
(01-06-2017, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core didn't surprise me.

We needed a deep threat, we didn't dress Core, then we had him sit on the bench as usual.

Core gets his chance, plays well in this role. Typical Marv.

With the way Urban is talking i am expecting big things out of Core and while i like Lafell a lot he is not that
deep threat that we needed all year long that Core is. I think Core will be ready to be the #2 next season
barring us drafting a Mike Williams or someone like that.

That is pretty rough for Laquan, i thought he had a rough year but that team needed a receiver bad and he
only had 15 yards with way more snaps than Core? I think Urban knows his stuff. Cool

Dead on.  Ditto Cedric Ogbuehi.  Ditto Sexy.  

And #2 receiver often gets misunderstood here.  That doesn't necessarily mean he is the #2 receiving option, but the WR across the field from AJ Green.  If they go 3 WR, they would include Boyd in the slot.  If they go two WR, two TE, they could rotate Core and Boyd across from AJ and have Eifert and a rotation of Kroft/Uzomah on the opposite side.  

He is, IMHO, the missing piece from the WR puzzle...a big, speedy guy that can take the top off the defense.  Let everyone else work underneath, but give AJ the occasional deep shot, of course.  

I can only think of about 5 balls the Bengals took deep all year....crazy.   You allow the defense to defend only a portion of the field.  People will argue that they didn't have time, but that all goes hand in hand.  You have to make the defense respect the fact that you can throw it over their heads, or they will just thump you at the LOS.

Good to hear Core is trying to make the most our of his opportunity, as far as learning the nuances goes.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Meeting, Plan for Recivers in 2017 - SHRacerX - 01-08-2017, 01:38 PM