Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Final Regular Season QB rankings
(01-13-2017, 02:20 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I am not grasping what you presented. Do you have a link to these stats so we can get the entire picture.
Are your saying we only had 17 opportunities the entire year at 3rd & 7-9???  one a game????? In those opportunities we had the average was 17 yards? What was the longest??? Is this only the completions...not the throwaways or incompletes?

I am sure these numbers will have a lot of holes poked in them if we can see the chart you are using. 

Next.

Lol. You grasp it just fine, you just don't want to admit you were wrong. You stated that Dalton completes too many passes on 3rd down that are well short of first down. Therefore the relevant stat to your point would be completions and how far Dalton's completions went on 3rd downs. I listed all of the above.

Dalton completed 17 of 34 passes on 3rd and 7-9. That would mean we had 34 such opportunities where we passed. Now is that completion % in this particular scenario impressive? Nope, but that wasn't your point.

Here's the link. Knock yourself out: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00/splits/2016/

I'm sure you'll find something else to talk about, because your point about Dalton throwing well short of the first down marker has already been disproven.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Final Regular Season QB rankings - J24 - 01-05-2017, 12:31 AM