Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb?
Just to address the first sentence of the thread-starting post: That is not true.

I know Lap came on and said they were offered a 2 and a 4. That is also not true. Lap and I talk to a lot of the same people behind the scenes, but Marvin Lewis came out on the record in our final BTS and said not a single team inquired about No. 5. Marvin may omit certain truths, or speak in a partial truth, in public settings, but in my two years covering the team he's never outright lied to my face.

As for the larger question: There's a reason no one offered those picks to the Bengals for him. There's a reason he fell to the fifth round and likely would have kept falling had the Bengals not picked what they felt the best player available was.

Curious to see how it goes for him this summer. He's ready to be traded, but I think the biggest question is when: Prior to this draft, or in training camp or in the preseason if a team loses a QB.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.J McCarron...can he be a franchise qb? - jowczarski - 01-17-2017, 08:16 PM