Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Prospects with Character Red Flags
If we were starting a charitable foundation or some kind of non profit organization to benefit others or looking for a pastor to lead our church or something...

High character is a bonus. It shouldn't be a must for a prospect. We have started going for high character guys and our drafts have fallen off.

If it comes down to a guy who volunteers in his community but is only ok on the field and a guy who got a dui, smokes weed, and got in fights in college but dominates on the field I want the guy who dominates on the field on my team.

The bottom line is this is a professional sports team. What they do outside of football really doesn't interest me. I watch, care, and cheer because it is my hometown football team. Not because we are putting together and All Star church roster. If I want of bunch of saints and good guys to entertain me I would go to church on Sunday instead of watching football.

A guy shouldn't move up our draft board (like Hobson seems to do with his puff piece today) because he has high character. And jackassery/legal infractions need to be considered but the first thing we are looking for is football players. Because a guy was a young dumb ******* at one point doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered for our football team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Draft Prospects with Character Red Flags - NATI BENGALS - 01-26-2017, 07:23 PM