Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My realistic best-case scenario for improving the roster
(01-29-2017, 06:15 PM)schroomytunes1 Wrote: I like some of your ideas, but I think we may be looking at this scenario:

1) Re-signs- Whitworth, Kirkpatrick, Sims, Peerman
-we wont sign an interior lineman to a 10 million contract, Zeitler walks netting us a 3rd rounder in 2018.
-Burkhead will get paid by someone, and this draft is loaded with backs, netting us another comp pick(4/5) in 2018

2) Cuts- Pacman 6.3, and Maualuga 3.7
-these moves save 10 million towards the cap allowing us to extend Eifert and Burfict, and sign a few FA's

3) Trade- AJ McCarron for a 2nd round pick makes too much sense say to Chicago #35 and a 5th rounder.

4) Free Agents
-Sean Spence- interior LB, would allow for great depth
-Ziggy Hood- interior DL/DE replaces Gilberry as situational rusher

5) Draft

1) Mike Williams- (Clemson WR)-gives us the legitimate #2 opposite AJ and keeps opposing defenses honest.
2) Ethan Pocic (LSU-center) -upgrades the interior line pushing Bodine to backup
2b) DeMarcus Walker (FlaSt DE)-outside rusher team is lacking
3) Chidobe Awozie (Colorado CB)- replaces Pacman, gives us depth at corner.
4) Joe Mixon-(Oklahoma RB)- character concerns but solid runner, replaces Hill
4b) Montraveous Adams (Auburn DE/DT)- continue to bolster the edge rush
4c) Isaac Asiata (Utah Guard)-pushes Westerman for playing time replacing Zeitler
5) Davis Webb (Cal QB)- gives us a backup to groom behind Dalton
6) Stacy Coley (Miami WR/PR)- allows us a speedy kick returner/Punt Returner to team with Erickson
6a) Jake Elliot (Memphis Kicker) -enough said
6b) Corey Clement (Wisconsin RB)- gives us more depth at the back position
7) Keith Kelsey (Louisville ILB)- special teamer

I agree for the most part but I think we sign z. I would rather cut Sims and tj Johnson and sign peko as a backup to Billings. Would love to sign aj bouye to a 5  yearer along with Dre K get that secondary locked up. Then love the draft but would replace Pocic for elflien and awozie for butt.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My realistic best-case scenario for improving the roster - Jpoore - 01-29-2017, 06:27 PM