Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-14-2017, 12:37 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Thanks for the link, thats a good find! While I think that LF will be a good RB in the NFL, I'm not so sure he's built for our type of offense. Especially when compared to Dalvin Cook. To me, we already have LF's skill set on the team in Jeremy Hill. I do think LF will be better than JH, but the similiarities are there. Big, powerful back who can run you over or hit the gas and blow right by you, but has problems with reading blocks, a guy who doesn't run well out of the shotgun formation and flourishes with a Fullback in front of him.

I wouldn't be upset at all if we drafted this guy, he is a tough guy who plays through injuries, has the body type to thrive in the AFCN..but unless we're cutting JH and replacing him with LF..I'd pass and pick Dalvin Cook. If we draft a RB, I want a guy who is skilled in both running AND catching..this telegraphing what we're doing via whoever we trot out there has got to stop!

This very well could be the plan though. The team could might Jeremy Hill as a disappointment given what was expected of him and the team could be looking to replace him in the role he was brought in for. If the team does want a bruising north-south runner to pair with Bernard, then Fournette, Foreman, Perine, or James Conner seem like potential candidates for that role. As the Bengals typically do, they will draft a player when the incumbent has a year left on his contract and then that player is replaced the following year.

I'm with you though, this team needs more of a RB in that 210-220 lb range that can catch, pass block, enough running speed and agility to get to the edge, and also handle occasional carries inside. A RB like that is more like Cook, Alvin Kamara, Jeremy McNichols, or maybe Wayne Gallman or Kareem Hunt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Okeana - 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - ochocincos - 02-14-2017, 01:28 PM