Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-14-2017, 01:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree.  I think you are underestimating how good of a receiver fournette is and probably one of the best in the draft,  but I love guys who slow the game down and wear teams out.  I also love his straight line top end speed and I can't wait to see what he runs at the combine.  Regardless of Jeremy Hill I think he needs to be evaluated for the system because of the generational talent he represents.  We also have a good fullback which plays right into his running style, but we are still limited by our center and guard situation.  The other thing I really love about the guy is his blocking which really sets him apart.

I'm with you Okeana.   I don't see the guy making it to us.   I think he ends up in Jacksonville or Carolina.  But if he's there I take him in a New York second.   The only real knock on the guy is his effectiveness working without a fullback - our failing not his, and I think that whatever the system he is in he will adjust.  The guy seems very smart.  And he's a great receiver and a violent blocker in the backfield or on the move.  Love to see him putting Shazier on his can.   He would open up our offensive options in a major way and be the most likely to make a quantum difference with a single pick.

I've seen a number of mocks with him ending up available but I don't think that will be the case.   It's possible that neither Fournette nor Cook will be there.  But they are the biggest difference makers other than Garrett or Adams in the top 10.

Not sure what the Bengals would do if he's available.   I'm pretty sure they are stuck on an edge rusher - which is not a bad thing.  I mean we definitely need one.

But if you're looking for the best player available and he's there, he's it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Okeana - 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - 3wt - 02-14-2017, 01:43 PM