Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
My biggest concern with Fournette will always be his inability to read his blockers. He touched on it in the first video. He is used to reading inside out and when in a play where you're supposed to read outside in, he does not.

That is virtually the same problem that Jeremy Hill has and they haven't been able to correct that in him in the 3 years he's been here.

I know people don't like hearing the comparison between Hill and Fournette, but this is just the biggest issue both of them have and, although Fournette is faster and stronger, that doesn't matter as much if you're not seeing the holes your offensive line is opening up for you.

That play the first video showed against Ole Miss where he went for a 3 yard gain inside when he could have gotten a 20+ yard gain just by following his pulling guard....it literally looked like a Jeremy Hill run.

I wouldn't hate Fournette at 9 because, physically, he is extremely gifted.

But he has so many similarities with Jeremy Hill that just bother me to no end.

If we draft Fournette and he follows Hill's path and has a successful rookie year that leads to him never adjusting what he needs to adjust to be a successful player in the long term, then it'll be just another high pick wasted on a LSU RB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Okeana - 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - CJD - 02-19-2017, 05:53 PM