MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Chad Reuter 4 Round Mock Draft and how I would have done it
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Reuter 4 Round Mock Draft and how I would have done it
On Thursday, Chad Reuter posted a 4 round NFL Mock draft:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786173/article/reuter-4round-mock-draft-top-talent-drops-with-early-qb-run

He has us taking:
Round 1: Taco Charlton DE Michigan
Round 2: Montravius Adams DT Auburn
Round 3: Damien Mama G USC
Round 4: Alex Anzalone LB Arizona
Round 4 Comp: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

How I would have done it, based on who was available at each of our picks:

Round 1: Taco Charlton DE Michigan (I agree that, by draft time, this will be the best pick assuming the 8 he has gone are gone. His athleticism and strength, as well as his size, match what the Bengals need opposite Dunlap. This is actually my favorite pick for us at 9, assuming he performs as well at the combine as I expect him to. Basically, his only weakness is consistency and Dunlap can take him under his wing in that regard.)

Round 2: Zach Cunningham LB Vanderbilt (Okay, this should be Pat Elflein, who I'm taking in the 4th. But that's only because I have knowledge of each round in advance. If I were drafting and Elflein is available here, I take him. But, since I know he's available in the 4th, I'm cheating a little here. Cunningham is a first round talent at LB. This is an easy selection!)

Round 3: Zay Jones WR ECU (I write this knowing that this position is absurd. I don't think Zay Jones is here in the 3rd round, but if he is it's an easy pick for a speedy, reliable receiver that complements the strengths of Green and Boyd wonderfully.)

Round 4: Wayne Gallman RB Clemson (A bruising runner with good burst. Not a Leonard Fournette by any means but behind a new center and a more experienced line, I like him as a pair with Giovani Bernard. I've given up on Jeremy Hill.)

Round 4 Comp: Pat Elflein C OSU (Okay. He won't be here. And I originally had him in the Round 2, but come on. Reuters either knows something we don't or he just forgot Pat somehow. A player always slips through the cracks. If I were to take Pat in the 2nd round, where he belongs, I'd have taken a guard like Magnuson here, but since Elflein is technically available, **** it. This is the easiest pick ever. This isn't a homer pick either because I'm not an OSU fan, but Elflein is just exactly what we need at center. Strong, smart, a leader. He isn't all that agile, but you don't need that much agility in a center. I think this guy is a slam dunk for our blocking scheme.)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chad Reuter 4 Round Mock Draft and how I would have done it - CJD - 02-20-2017, 12:24 AM