Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-20-2017, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a great breakdown of Fournette, reps Okeana.

This to me shows why he just would not fit here. He is primarily a gap scheme runner with great size, burst,
speed that is not the best at catching the ball out of the backfield. We would have to completely change our
whole mindset as an Offense if he came here. We would be way too predictable.

This is taking nothing away from Fourette's freakish ability with his breakaway speed for his size which is
almost incomparable to any RB since like Earl Campbell.

We are not a good run blocking team which is where Fournette would thrive, we do not have an OC who can
gameplan to get our RB's going, we need a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield and make a Defense
pay if they forget about the running game. Dalvin Cook to me is the much better back for us if we go RB in the
first round.

As I have already mentioned I think either back helps this offense. There isn't a healthy back on the Bengals roster that is as capable as Cook or LF. I think Okeana's breakdown is pretty close, in fact I read a similar one from a supposed professional.

That said, while I agree to an extent, I disagree with part of it as well. 

I think many are underestimating Fournette's capability to catch the football. Cook has shown better hands without a doubt but, Cook played in an offense that throws to the backs and they featured him. Leonard played in a cesspool of coaching uncertainty.

All of that mentioned, the reason that I quoted you Nate wasn't to debate. It was because I got tickled at you saying the Bengals need a back that can catch. I agree, but they also need an OC that understands how to get the RBs the ball in space and we don't have that in Cincy!! 

You're thinking about Josh McDaniels and the team that just won the SB. Cincy tries to throw to the backs but do a poor job of it imo. 

Not to rain on the speculation parade but I just don't think Merv will draft either back, unfortunately.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Okeana - 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - coachmcneil71 - 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM