Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chad Reuter 4 Round Mock Draft and how I would have done it
(02-22-2017, 05:30 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My main criteria for success is quality play out of the QB.  Sure, Sanchez got them there, but a lot of that was due to one of the top defenses in the last 10 years.

How well did he do once that defense didn't perform as well as it used to?  The Jets stunk.  He stunk in Denver, Philly and Dallas.

I thought about Sanchez in relation to what I said, but I think after looking at things, it was painfully obvious that he was just a placeholder on that team.  That being said, if you want to consider him successful based on those 2 years, I wouldn't completely dismiss the argument.  I guess I would change my original thought to no QB has come out with that level of experience and had sustained success and been considered a franchise QB.

By no means was I meaning to say I thought Sanchez was a good selection in the top 10 (or first round at all). But clearly some team thought he was, and he helped a team advance in the playoffs. While he wasn't the reason for getting that far, he also played well enough to get them there. There will be teams that think a guy like Sanchez or Alex Smith can get them into the playoffs. Whether that's the Super Bowl or not is another story.

If you're a team like the Texans or Broncos, a player like Trubisky likely isn't for you. It's pretty much conference championship game or bust. A single playoff win means nothing.
But if you're a really struggling team like the 49ers or Browns, Trubisky may seem worth it to reach your goals. Anything is better than the basement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chad Reuter 4 Round Mock Draft and how I would have done it - ochocincos - 02-22-2017, 05:48 PM