Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-22-2017, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Those 2015 numbers are pretty close, but FSU was more balanced as a team with Mario Pender splitting time in the backfield.  The 2016 FSU offense WAS #4....over 2200 yds from the L.O.S.  I like Fournette more than I did, and would love him here, if we could run block with the top half of the league.

We definately need to get better at run blocking but that is what is nice about these backs.

Neither one had a good O-line in college so no big deal lmao

(02-22-2017, 05:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think I would complain either way with these guys.

I think Fournette is going to turn some heads at the combine.  He has legit long speed, and I think he will show it during the workouts.  He is a guy that will always fall forward for the extra yard or two upon contact.  I would love to see him here.

Cook is the definition of a true home run hitter.  I don't think he's going to be as consistent between the tackles in the NFL as Fournette, but he very easily could average 6 yards a carry with all of his long ball carries.

That being said, a team is really going to have some problems on defense if they try to go with 7 in the box with either one of these guys.  If they go 8 in the box they are going to have some real problems with AJ and Eifert.

(02-22-2017, 08:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is a good description Hammer.  It bothers me that Cook has baggage but Wyche knows Nole's football and unless Wyche is an enabler, he seems to feel Cook is a good guy.

What I like about LF is his top speed.  Hill stutters and stops.  LF can fall forward and hurt two defensive players.  I like how he hits players.  There is something about the way Cook runs that reminds me of Gayle Sayers.  I think it is his leaning.   He with a healthy GIO could be scary especially if the Bengals get JuJu at WR. 

It is a good description. One thing i must say is that Cook has that great balance you want in a RB. Sayersesque i must say.

Fournette sometimes leans too far forward at times and causes himself to fall down when he could of gotten a couple more yards.

(02-23-2017, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with both of you, good points.  Also, I'm not an enabler doc, I wanted Winston gone, and I wanted Johnson gone....and he was a big prospect for the Noles.  His dismissal lead to a season of Gholson and McGuire splitting time at QB, and now Deondre Francios under center.  At first I was down on Cook, until the facts of the case and witnesses came out.  Then he decided to play his bowl game when others did not....I was sold on him.  The BB gun deal was a "jock moment", if you will.  Hell, I was doing dumb shit like that when I was a kid too.

It was dumb by Cook but nothing like the Joe Mixon thing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Okeana - 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-23-2017, 05:07 PM