Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade a Bust for a Bust?
(02-25-2017, 10:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dennard has played 585 defensive snaps. Lets not pretend that he's never touched the field in his career so far.

Cool story about Aaron Rodgers. Show me the Brett Favre that Dennard is stuck behind and I will be glad to agree with you. But until you can point out the first ballot Hall of Famer he's stuck behind, I will point out to you that Dennard got passed up by Josh Shaw on the depth chart. A guy who is both younger, drafted later, and had less experience than Dennard coming into '16.

If they draft me in the first round and don't get a ton of playing time, and get passed up on the depth chart by younger guys, maybe I am just not any good. Just throwing out a thought there. You say he can't be judged because he has gotten no playing time. I say he hasn't gotten an abundance of playing time because he isn't very good. Shaw got a small taste of playing time in '15 and impressed. Dennard didn't.

You can end up being a good player in the end and still be a bust. Reggie Nelson was a bust for the Jags, got traded for David Jones (who was going to be cut anyway), and ended up becoming a great player with the Bengals. Doesn't make him any less of a bust for the Jags who used a 1st round pick on him.

Kirkpatrick was indeed pretty good last year, but you don't spend the 17th overall pick on a CB who doesn't become decent until year 5. Those players are called busts. People get too wrapped up with equating bust to a player being garbage. A mediocre starting QB chosen 1st overall is a bust. A mediocre starting QB chosen in the 4th round is a great pick. It's all about context.

I agree with some of what you say here. Injuries have to be taken into account though and some great players are
made of glass like Bob Sanders and maybe even Tyler Eifert. Dennard might be one of them, i would just like to see
what he has before i call him a bust. He has fluid hips and great ball skills.

I still have high hopes for the man and am just hoping he is not made of fine china.

Heck, Frostee Rucker took many years and seemed like glass as well, he did okay here after awhile and in Zona.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Trade a Bust for a Bust? - NATI BENGALS - 02-23-2017, 04:56 AM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - fredtoast - 02-26-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - bengalhoel - 02-25-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - bengals67 - 02-23-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - Benton - 02-23-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - Housh - 02-25-2017, 07:33 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - Derrick - 02-25-2017, 10:15 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - fredtoast - 02-26-2017, 11:38 AM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - ochocincos - 02-24-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-25-2017, 10:56 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - bengalhoel - 02-26-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Trade a Bust for a Bust? - THE PISTONS - 02-25-2017, 10:31 PM