Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-14-2017, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who made up that AWFULLY good o-line this year?

If Fournette is there at our pick and we don't nab him; we're over-thinking it. WTS, barring a combine catastrophe he'll be gone. Jets or Panthers seem like the logical landing spots.  

This is something we should all step back and consider when considering the pick.  Yes the team needs to fix the OL, yes we should consider scheme and their plan for Fournette but don't talk yourself out of a star player that can make a huge impact on your team.  The Bengals should be in position to make this kind of pick, he likely won't be there but I don't see enough of a case to pass on him talent wise.  If the staff is doing their homework on him, the biggest concern to me may be his playing style.  He will be lowering his shoulder vs machines he hasn't encountered yet.  I wouldn't let that or concussions make me over-think him,, but its something to consider.  I don't give a crap about how the FO has handled things, my plan would be to have a competent OL (Zeitler and a FA tackle) coming into the draft and be in position to take the BPA which would be Fournette if he is somehow still there.  Even with a B- overall line, I don't know how you properly defend Green, Eifert and Fournette in the same offense.  Keep Andy off his back and you will put up mad points. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - Okeana - 02-14-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: Scouting Report Leonard Fournette - phil413 - 02-27-2017, 08:16 PM