Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(03-01-2017, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I went to the link and did not see these numbers you are calling "total cap" and "adjusted cap"

If you want to make a point you should do the math and show what you mean.  What is the difference between "total cap" and "adjusted cap".

I am not trying to argue just to argue.  I just want to see the math.  If the Bengals cap goes up due to rollover then that rollover continues each year.  Otherwise there would be zero roll over as soon as the Bengals did not use all of their previous cap space.  That is what Whatever originally said, and that just is not true.

Prorating bonus money has nothing to do with skimming because the Bengals have already paid that money.  What money are you claiming they are "not paying the players"?

The numbers are in a summary at the bottom of the page. What they show when viewed year over year is interesting.

Basically, between 2014-2016 the Bengals have had to carry some dead cap each year - it's averaged in the 4 mil range. Even accounting for that money which they cannot spend, they wound up around 10 million under the cap in 2014 and about 7 million under in each of the next two years. Now if you look at it without the rollover money, it is closer. In that case 2014 is about 2 million under, 2015 is about 800K over and 2016 is about 400K over.

So, if you don't regard rollover as "real" money the cap spending statements make sense. If you do regard them as real money then the Bengals are not spending up to their cap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread