Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson - only $15 million of cap to work with?
(03-03-2017, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand these numbers at all.  for example it shows that for 2012 the Bengals spent ($115.6 million) only about 5 million less than their adjusted cap ($120.6 million) but the nest year it shows them rolling over $8 million plus another $2 million "adjustment" to the cap in addition to the rollover money.

How does that work?  How can they roll over 8 million when they only spent 5 million under tha cap?  and where does the other $2 million "adjustment" come from.

You know what?  That doesn't make any sense.  The Bengals could roll over less than what they had left at the end of 2012, but more?  How the hell could they roll over more than what they had left over?  When I tried to figure it out I uncovered other mathematical errors on their part.  I can't explain it.  Their figures are wrong or there is a piece of information that I'm missing to explain the difference.

If anything, I think this exercise proves spotrac's numbers aren't worth a damn and don't trust their math. 

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddddgggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just disregard everything I wrote because it was based upon spotrac's numbers which I can no longer trust. I sure as hell ain't writing them for an explanation.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread