Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, how did you meet your significant other?
(07-28-2015, 12:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On line dating sites are the best place to find women, but they are terrible places to actually court a woman.  

The key is to meet in person as soon as possible.  And it is just like weeting women any other way.  you generally have to meet quite a few before you find the right one.

Agreed.

I sent my wife basically a couple emails via their website.  I quickly found out she was a grad student (and Bengals fan!) who lived downtown and we hooked up for pizza and drinks almost like the next day.  Our online courtship lasted literally for a day.  I also had met another girl prior to my wife the same way and although we didn't get too serious, we are still good friends.

Given where I was in my life (8 years older), I seriously doubt I would have met my wife any other way.  Online dating really allows you to filter out those people you know you wouldn't click with (religious, education, politics, etc.)  and opens you up to a world of people you would probably never get to know otherwise.  

We leverage the internet for so many other things these days, why not dating?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, how did you meet your significant other? - WhoDeyWho - 07-28-2015, 02:34 PM