Poll: Should The Bengals Pursue Marshall At WR?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Go After Brandon Marshall?
(03-04-2017, 02:06 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: 1. Granted i have been away for a few days but I thought we only had 15 mil? 2. 11 picks looks good but the Bengals have been striking out a lot lately. 3. We shouldn't be worrying about having to resign Whit. The "plan" was we drafted his replacement 2 years ago. Yet here were are. 4. Z should be the guy we are going after but for some strange reason i feel he wants out of here. (vibe not supported by fact). 5. But yeah, if we can get him for cheaper than LaFell you have to at least consider it even though I was happy with LaFells improvement as the season wore on. 6. TBH though Shake, I am of the opinion we are in a mini rebuild and we must plan accordingly. AKA build the lines.

1. That's a Hobspin (made up) number. According to most sites, we have/had 43 million under cap. That money is also needed to bring back guys like Whit, Z and Kirk though.
2. The draft is kinda like flipping a coin. We're sure to get some hits with some of those 11 picks.
3. I know. Paul Alexander's poor judgement is costing the team dearly, yet they stay loyal. Just shows that winning isn't the #1 priority.
4. Agree that he should be the #1 target, and believe that he's already gone for whatever reason. It almost feels predetermined that the Bengals won't pay a Guard.
5. I defended the LaFell signing from day 1 last year and loved his production...but Marshall would be an upgrade. If cheaper, you go for it.
6. Reload, mini rebuild, whatever you'd want to call fixing the oline and making a couple other decent additions. We don't need much, but we definitely need help.

(03-04-2017, 08:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree about fixing our weaknesses first....couldn't agree more.....but to be fair to Marshall...Fitzy was shit for the Jets.  I don't think you can blame Brandon for those numbers. Jets QB play was horrible.

Jets QB's had a combined passer rating of 67.6. Imagine how our QB's play in the playoffs and imagine it stretched out over an entire season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do We Go After Brandon Marshall? - Shake n Blake - 03-04-2017, 01:42 PM