Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredtoast take on the O-line issue
(03-06-2017, 04:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Whit came in already technically sound. So did Zeitler. In fact, so did Rich Braham - the Bengals picked him up off waivers and he did so well filling in that season (basically off the street) that the Patriots made him a good Free Agent offer that we amazingly matched.

To me, when I think of Alexander I see someone who (until Og) had a decent track record with tackles but a bad track record on the interior line, where the only player he can justly claim to have developed into a passable starter is Boling. We need to remember that before we took Big Z and Boling improved our Guards were spotty. Bobbie Williams came already developed through Free Agency, Whit started out at LG because Levi was still LT but as mentioned already Whit was already proficient when we got him as was Steinbach.

Then there were "guards" like Livings and "centers" like Ghiacuc and Bodine (both of whom PA lobbied hard for). And let's not forget our T/TE Dennis Roland, consuming a roster spot just so we could run unbalanced lines so we could run the ball even a little.

Time to get a fresh perspective in at OL coach.

A lot of great points here Joelist.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fredtoast take on the O-line issue - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-06-2017, 04:47 PM