Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else?
(03-06-2017, 08:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're making an argument against something no one has said.  I don't think anyone is making a scapegoat out of Mac. Certainly not me because I feel he suffered from the same problem (coaching) that every other QB has dealt with. 

I think people (myself included) are just sick of the hero talk about that performance by McCarron. That was the best defensive performance we've seen by a Marvin team in the playoffs...by a long shot. Putting up 16 points (with plenty of help) doesn't make Mac a hero. 

Dalton, Palmer or Kitna all could've put up that point total with the defense forcing multiple turnovers and short fields...a benefit that was never afforded to any of them. 

Overall point being: all 4 QBs have been terrible in the playoffs, but only McCarron got substantial help, which enabled him to get the lead late. He wasn't the hero though...the defense (particularly Tez) should get that credit.

I said-

Quote:The guys trying to pin losses on a QB with a 97.1 rating and a 106.8 preseason rating this year are making excuses for the rest of the team, and using AJM as a convenient scapegoat.

In response to -

Quote:I love McCarron as much as the next guy, but he didn't practically win anything. Had he led a single scoring drive in the first 3 qtrs then a FG wouldn't have won that game for Pittsburgh. He did next to nothing in that game. 

Quote:Yea he practically won the game that he basically lost.

Quote:Had Mac led the offense to even 19 points, we would've won. 19 points isn't much to ask. But he's somehow a hero for scoring 16 points? Ok.

Quote:Don't forget that most of the points the Steelers did score were off turnovers, and both of the two TDs the Bengals scored were on drives that started on the Steelers side of the field.

Quote:McCarron and co provided as much for the Steelers as they did for their own team. 

Quote:Btw...McCarron was 2-3 in his games after the Bengals started 10-2 under Dalton. McCarron ain't saving anything. 

Now, some of those ignorant comments were yours.

I was pointing out how a lot of those comments cast blame on AJM when in reality, he did what he needed to do to get the Bengals in a position to kneel out the clock, kick a FG, and close out the game.  He gave them the lead with < 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter of a playoff game.

And then the defense gave the ball back to the offense, and in typical Bengals fashion, the team found a way to choke even when the QB didn't that day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else? - BigSeph - 03-06-2017, 11:12 PM