Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious for your take - Cincy Sports Fan Commiseration
(03-08-2017, 11:30 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: This is my first post on here, so I will start by piggybacking off another thread.

The "What is your breaking point' Thread got me thinking.

I want to understand from other common, and reasonable Bengals/Reds fans,  What do you honestly think is the impediment to these franchises?

As I belabored earlier, Reds 22 Years, Bengals 26:  0 playoff advances, 13 winning seasons in the last 48 new seasons.

This sort of dual pattern for 2 sports teams is honestly beyond unlucky.  It would be the semi-equivalent of playing Roulette and hitting black on a absurd amount of consecutive spins.

Pro teams luck in playoff success all the time -  the way the leagues are set up, you should never go 20+ years without success in the postseason.  

I have my theory - Cincinnati is a nice medium sized town, MIdwest values, kind, stuck in the past, antiquated, loyal to a fault, and not very hard to impress.   I think that permeates the sports culture here, unfortunately.  

The Owners/GMs of our teams do things so differently than everyone else, I think we need an outsider to own the teams.  Having Cincy roots with Brown, Lindner, Marge and now Castellini - These folks are deluded when it comes to running a cut-throat, fierce, and competitive franchise.

I do not know.  I am curious to hear others thoughts.   Please, do not reply if you think the leagues or umps/reffs are biased to the Bengals or Reds - Those crazy conspiracies can be saved for your next town hall w/ Rand Paul.

The Bengals are inept, and have no excuse with revenue sharing and salary caps.  Son of Paul is just the worst.

Marge won a World Series, and MLB has none of those luxuries afforded the Bengals.  They made some wrong calls with their pitching staff, and now they don't have the coin to fix that quickly.  They have to develop their own.  They are reaping what they sowed for those mistakes, and they just don't have the capital to sign big money fixes like the Yanks and Sox, etc do.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Curious for your take - Cincy Sports Fan Commiseration - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-08-2017, 11:39 AM