Poll: Should The Bengals Pursue Marshall At WR?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do We Go After Brandon Marshall?
(03-08-2017, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Then watch NYG add a RB in the draft.

You know they will. Running the ball was pretty much they're only weakness last year. Pass game is good. Defense improved leaps and bounds via FA pickups.

(03-08-2017, 01:45 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: TO was a great receiver at the beginning of his career and no one could question his effort. When he ended up in Cincy, no one wanted him at that point because he was in full blown ego mode.  Being paired with Chad did not help his cause at all.  

I never heard proof that he ran the wrong routes either. Marvin is the one who pointed this out numerous times. I was judging by the way Carson was yelling at the receivers when he went to the sideline every time they came off the field and I saw him making motions with his hands. His INT's went from 13 to 20. That usually indicates that something is not right. I remember the Tampa game that year when we were up by 13 with like 4 minutes left and Carson making a throw to T.O. that he gave up on and it got intercepted and he didn't give any effort to try to break it up or tackle the guy.

Lets face it, he was done blocking downfield when he came to us, don't fool yourself.

I heard all the negative media hype beforehand and decided I'd judge him for myself with no preconceived notions. Bills fans spoke highly of him despite his lackluster statistical year there. For us, I think he was a good soldier until we were clearly headed for a losing season. The worst things I noticed about him were (a) alligator arming a pass against the Colts (b) walking into the locker room shortly before a game ended and © saying the problems started "from the top, down" on his little talk show.

The alligator arming thing got exaggerated to death after that. I only saw him do it that one time for sure. None of the other stuff really bothered me. It really wasn't that big of a deal. People were just desperate to use the media labeled cancer as the scapegoat for an awful season, despite the complete lack of evidence.

As for Palmer...he threw 20 picks in 2007. 18 in 13 games back in 2004. 16 in half a season with the Raiders. 22 with the Cardinals. All with no TO in sight, but Carson still throwing his arms up like someone other than him was at fault.

Agree to disagree. On the blocking, too. Not saying he was great at it, but he wasn't just jogging half speed and ignoring defenders.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do We Go After Brandon Marshall? - Shake n Blake - 03-08-2017, 02:20 PM