Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
While we keep seeing "reports" about Whit, Zeitler, Dre
(03-08-2017, 06:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We keep seeing "reports" and rumors of interest by other clubs.  Is there really any merit to those items?  I mean, we have not heard anything along the lines of negotiations breaking off between those players' agents and the Bengals organization. 

Until I see something posted by an actual credible agency or reporter, I'm still of the mindset that the Bengals are doing everything that they can to keep those players on the team.

What are your thoughts?

I believe sportingnews, profootballnewsnbcsports, and all the sources you can Google up on latest news on each of these players that many teams are after Zeitler, Kirkpatrick, Whitworth and Peko.  This does not mean Bengals have not made them an offer, I'm sure they have.  Last year Bengals made Jones and Sanu and Andre Smith and Nelson and Hall offers.   I hope they all resign as Bengals, but this is the NFL and this is The Bengals who don't win many bidding wars.  Zeitler and Kirkpatrick are as good as gone with teams lining up with big money. I would hope maybe Whitworth, but teams are lining up for him also and for Peko as well.  

So I have no doubt Bengals have offered these players a contract before free agency. They are in free agency because theses players and their agents don't agree with what the Bengals offered, just like Jones and Sanu.  It is sounding like Bengals will keep LaFell and I don't see Burkhead as a hard sign at all, he isn't exactly a 1,000 yard rusher.

Here is the thing. We are letting way too many top players hit the free agent water each year now. Players that should have been resigned before the seasons start. They are cheaper to sign early than late. Bengals only hurting themselves.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: While we keep seeing "reports" about Whit, Zeitler, Dre - kevin - 03-08-2017, 06:56 PM