Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs that Next Year will see more talent depart
(03-18-2017, 02:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I saw an article yesterday that they were at Virginia Tech to look at a tight end and have more visits scheduled.  As soon as I saw that, I thought "bye bye Eifert".  The problem is that Eifert is amazing when he is not hurt, but he is hurt so often... so in theory I don't have a problem taking a tight end, but would much prefer not to do it early when there are so many other needs to fill.  This team is beyond the point of drafting in the first round for the future, they need guys who can contribute now.

I'd like to keep Eifert and have a good insurance plan for when he's hurt. Just look at the TE's the Pats have been keeping behind Gronk.

Martellus Bennett (a 29 year old coming off a Pro Bowl year) last year, and now they just traded for Dwayne Allen, a 27 year old who averaged 407 yards and 5 TDs as a part timer with the Colts.

They recognize that while their TE is a huge part of the offense, he has trouble staying healthy. So they got smart and keep a good backup.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs that Next Year will see more talent depart - Shake n Blake - 03-18-2017, 04:09 PM