Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signs that Next Year will see more talent depart
(03-18-2017, 05:43 PM)Burma Wrote: I agree with all that. 

Looking at that list, where would his agent draw the line for pay? I would imagine he's got to be looking at that spot between Kuechly at 7 and Perry at 8.  That would put him @ $12 mill. Even then I am still doubting the Bengals pay that.

Assuming he stays healthy and out of trouble this year, you would have to think at least $10 million.  Before his last extension, the Bengals had a ton of leverage because he had never made big money.  Now he has made $20 million, so that is gone.  He will only be 27 years old, which means his agent is going to want 6-7 years. Even at $10 million per you are looking at $70 million, with a ton of guaranteed money.  A deal like that has "good luck in your new home written all over it"... not something MB is likely to do...

Back to Eifert and a tight end.  I just think if you're going to take a pass catcher you take one of the top wide receivers, a true game changer.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Signs that Next Year will see more talent depart - OrlandoBengal - 03-20-2017, 02:04 PM