MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Sell me on turning down trading back a few slots to stay and take YOUR player at #9
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell me on turning down trading back a few slots to stay and take YOUR player at #9
I understand you've earned a high pick and want quality, but is it there to the point in this class to where you turn down a nice trade: This is my current mindset.

1. If somehow Thomas, Fournette or J.Allen (with a trained staff saying he checks out) falls I run the card up to the commish. I tried to use realistic examples of top 5 talents that slip for whatever reason.

2. There are a handful of guys that may be worth the pick, but I'd really want the staff on the same page with a plan for these guys. If you're taking one of the stud safeties, I'd want to hear Paul's plan that he'd use a guy like LSU's Allen as a starter and work in 3 safety packages to combat receiving TE's and this pass happy league. I'd actually listen to you sell me on OJ Howard if you think he is a superstar that will extend the D and take pressure off the young OL.

3. More likely, there is a LARGE glut of players that are worth the #9 pick, and rather than take need you may end up with an equal player plus an extra 3rd while you help a team like the Cardinals take Watson over the rival Brownies. I'm looking at some of these mocks thinking "I'd be totally happy with sliding back to 15-17 knowing I'd have Ramczyk, Charleton, Cook or Ross.

Yes you need another team to make a trade, but if that trade pops up....am I being short sighted? I don't know that I see enough on my current likely pick of Barnett or even WR's Davis or Williams to totally pass on a trade down a few spots to land a high 3rd round pick as well. I don't care what they've done in the past with 3rds (this one could give you a free Ethan Pocic or Juju Smith) I just ask how many guys do you have on your board that could slip to 9 that make you run the card up in a hurry? It seems like there are only a few guys in this draft with that thrill factor, and a lot I'd be happy and content with, but elated if I can land that similar talent and an extra quality pick.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Sell me on turning down trading back a few slots to stay and take YOUR player at #9 - phil413 - 03-23-2017, 02:43 AM