Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sell me on turning down trading back a few slots to stay and take YOUR player at #9
Couple things..

Steven Jackson and David Decastro. In the years Ive been paying attention we traded back in the first and passed on those two and took players at the same position.

Im all for trading back. But im not a NFL front office guy.

Derek Barnett broke Reggie White's sack record. Consistent excellent production 3 down player. He has the top 10 value. Passing on a guy with elite production at a position of need because we can get some guy who has good size a few picks later sounds like a regrettable move.

Then you have Cam.

Cam Robinson came into the year as the #1 OT. Hell i think he came out of high school as the #1 OT in his class. He won the Outland trophy and remains the #1 OT in this draft class. I am worried as hell about Ogbuehi. You have a blue chip Alabama all world true junior monster with an attitude staring you in the face. Do you really want to trade down and wind up with the one year wonder coming off hip surgery? Worst case scenario you have a mauling guard for the next 5 years. Best case scenario you have one of the top tackles in the league.

Maybe Ogbuehi figures it out. In that case my OL would look like Ogbuehi Cam Boling Andre Fisher. Our power run game up the middle just got crazy. And our athleticism on the edges is top notch.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sell me on turning down trading back a few slots to stay and take YOUR player at #9 - NATI BENGALS - 03-23-2017, 04:21 AM