Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history
(03-23-2017, 10:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To my mind, the most significant losses in Cincinnati history took place in the final weeks of the 2003 regular season.  To make the playoffs, the Bengals had to beat the St. Louis Rams or the Cleveland Browns -- and the team choked both games away.  The game against the Browns was especially painful because it took place at Paul Brown Stadium and the Bengals weren't even close.  It was the first time I doubted Marvin Lewis' ability to close a deal when a game is on the line.  I believe these experiences led to the Bengals choking away playoff opportunities and making them scared in actual playoff games.

'06 has already been mentioned, but, needing just one win in the last two games to make the playoffs the Bengals...

Botch an extra point on what should have been a brilliant game tying td pass with just seconds left in week 16

Miss a chip shot 34 yard game winning FG with seconds then lose in oovertime on a 80 yard broken play td in week 17
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Loss that hurt the most in Bengal history - fredtoast - 03-23-2017, 01:00 PM