Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am actually kind of excited for next season
(03-27-2017, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the defense play, and how those new pieces fit into the puzzle.  Also intrigued to see how the draft goes.  The offense?  Not so much.

If they get a vertical threat like Ross after trading back in Rd 1, and then get a guy like Robinson to be our LT (I think he would easily beat out Ced, but if he doesn't, he'd be an All-Pro RG).  Draft a RB a little later that is an all-purpose guy, unlike Hill and watch this offense roll.

With a healthy Eifert and AJ Green on the field, Boyd in his second year, and a vertical threat like Ross to draw coverage away from the TEs, RBs, and slot WRs, this offense would be very, very strong.  It isn't like we have to hope certain guys can be drafted and pan out....much of the talent is already on the roster.  A player like Ross would be a major addition and would help every position on the offense.  

Dalton had a damn good year despite horrible offensive line play, a worthless RB, and many of his weapons lost to injury.  If he can have most of his weapons (plus Ross) for the entire season, he could easily top 5000 yards and 30 TDs.

That vertical threat and a beast like Robinson at LT is all this offense needs right now.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I am actually kind of excited for next season - SHRacerX - 03-27-2017, 11:13 PM